FPMH offers events and activities throughout the year, from family-friendly festivals to lectures, concerts, and movie nights.
Join us for our ongoing seasonal events. Check the events calendar for scheduled activities
including free movies, lectures and concerts.
- Wed, Feb 08Philipse Manor HallHistorian Lavada Nahon reveals how historians and researchers across the state are identifying artifacts, religious practices, burial grounds, and the names, numbers, and lives of enslaved people across New York State...
- Membership OfferFri, Feb 24Philipse Manor HallJoin us for a short talk by Michael Lord, Site Director of Philipse Manor Hall on the history of the old calendar and how people celebrated, then enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at this fundraising event for Friends of Philipse Manor Hall. All proceeds benefit public programs at PMH.
- Sun, Mar 05Philipse Manor HallEnjoy music from six countries and six centuries featuring Renaissance, Baroque, and Opera arias from Mozart, Bizet, Puccini, and Verdi as well as music from Scott Joplin, original music by Pamela Sklar, and traditional Irish songs.
- Wed, Mar 08Philipse Manor Hall or OnlineNew York was one of the most diverse of the thirteen colonies, thanks to its Dutch colonial roots. Racial religious and racial diversity meant that colliding cultures had different ideas of how to treat women.
- Wed, Apr 12Philipse Manor HallColonial New York City was the location for two large scale insurrections and conspiracies planned and enacted by the city’s sizable enslaved community. Not surprisingly, enslaved individuals of the Philipse family played a part in both plots.
- Wed, Jun 14Online via WebexEven casual students of the American Revolution are familiar with the name Banastre Tarleton. Join us as we discuss the early career of Britain’s most famous cavalryman of the war and the actions fought in Westchester by his corps, the British Legion.
- Time is TBDPhilipse Manor Hall StatePhilipse Manor Hall State Historic Site and the Friends of Philipse Manor Hall are delighted to present an evening of dinner and song in the famed Gothic Chamber at Philipse Manor Hall. Date is forth-coming - sign up to be notified!